
Please read the below comment (lifted from CNN) and let me know your thoughts.
Do men really want to get married? In short...no.Being single allows you to do whatever you want, whenever you want. Keep all of your money. Be with whoever you want. Follow your career goals. It allows self-fulfilment on your terms, not your wife's. Anyone who thinks marriage is the only way to raise children is in denial, children are viewed by most parents, men and women, as accesories, not responsibilities. Being single is democracy, marriage is communism: everything is divided up equally, in divorce you lose your money and your possessions.I made my girlfriend a deal: the instant we find 3 couples +/- 5 years of age of us who are happy after 5 years of marriage then we'll get married. To sum up a long story...we're still dating and not married.
Wait... if I have children, they are merely accessory appendages that I don't have to care for? And I must surrender any hopes of self-fulfillment and happiness if I get married? I'm so delighted that you, monsieur know-it-all about marriage and life, have enlightened me!
This brilliant man sounds like a winner, and apparently he's on his way to becoming a miserable narcissistic a**hole to boot!

2 comments:
He sounds like a total a** hole! he must not understand the actual happiness or all the other wonderful feelings that you feel when you get married. And having children and raising them with your SPOUSE is such an amazing opprotunity to share. I guess some people can make it work just "dating" but I absolutely enjoy everyday being married to the love of my life.
Well, April, we both know the whole celibacy before marriage is the only thing that gets guys to pull the trigger anyway.
Post a Comment