In the wake of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Walter Cronkite, a mere, normal author follows suit.
The death of a most wonderful and beloved writer, Frank McCourt, is upon us. He passed on June 19, 2009 at the ripe old age of 78. Haven't read his books? It's time to do so. I'll do a little free publicity, because I admire the man so much.



Angela's Ashes: A painfully funny, overly honest, heart-breaking memoir of a boy growing up
Limerick.
'Tis: Immigrating to America; the discovery of the Promised Land--whatever you want to call it. McCourt's writing advances past journal scribbles here, and makes you want a better life.
Teacher Man: I'll attribute my goal to be a teacher to this book. What I wouldn't have given to have met this man.
If ever you think your life has been difficult, read these three. It may not be comparable, or even relative to your situation, but you can pull a lifetime of wisdom from Frank: even if you don't use it.

No comments:
Post a Comment