
I have amazing news! I just recieved the official offer from the University of Idaho for a teaching assistantship in the English Department! I'll be teaching three sections of Freshman English Composition a year (for two years), attend staff meetings and hold office hours in return for: $12,650 per year.
Not too bad for a graduate student. Matt has a gig similar to mine, but he doesn't teach any classes and his pay is around $10K a year.
As excited as I am to begin, I feel somehow let down. I can't quite describe the feeling. I'm disappointed that my bosses will need to find another secretary (not that people here aren't jumping at the job), but I know their turn around is quick--and it takes a long time to train a new receptionist. The work isn't difficult, just a little hectic at times. Not only that, it takes repetitive experiences to get you to remember what to do with all these PAPERS!
As excited as I am to begin, I feel somehow let down. I can't quite describe the feeling. I'm disappointed that my bosses will need to find another secretary (not that people here aren't jumping at the job), but I know their turn around is quick--and it takes a long time to train a new receptionist. The work isn't difficult, just a little hectic at times. Not only that, it takes repetitive experiences to get you to remember what to do with all these PAPERS!

No comments:
Post a Comment