
...For Christmas last year, my combined bosses purchased a gift certificate at a Bed & Breakfast in Spokane, WA for me. This weekend, we FINALLY used it! We stayed at "Angelica's Bed & Breakfast" in the old(er) part of Spokane. We spent Saturday evening looking at Spokane falls, walking around Canada Island, and enjoying ourselves on Riverfront Park.We had a great time in Spokane, walking around, shopping, and forgetting about life for 24 hours.
At the bridge, I decided to get a scoop of ice cream. There is little better than a stroll across the river with ice cream in hand. Dreyer's had three options: The sundae boat (three scoops, toppings), a double scoop, and a single scoop. I requested a single scoop--with hot fudge.
"But you could get the Sundae boat: three scoops and toppings..." says the guy at the counter.
"Right. But I don't want or need three; I just want one" is my reply.
"I don't know if I can do that. We only sell three with toppings" he says.
He fumbles around for a while, asking his fellow employees if he can sell me just one scoop with a topping. Finally, he concludes that he can sell me two scoops with one topping.
"Just one, not two."
"Ok"
So: I paid for one scoop + topping. Mission accomplished!

No comments:
Post a Comment